The group has been formed to raise awareness of eyewear design as well as to promote the optical industry
The Council of Fashion Designers of America has announced a new working group within the Council, the Eyewear Designers of the CFDA. Created by 12 CFDA member eyewear designers, the group’s aim is to inspire, empower, and promote awareness of eyewear design and the vitality of the optical industry through promotion, education, mentoring and collaborative initiatives.
The Eyewear Designers of the CFDA are:
- Barbara McReynolds, L.A. Eyeworks
- Blake Kuwahara, Focus Group West
- Christian Roth, Optical Affairs
- Daniel Silberman and Justin Salguero, Illesteva
- Gai Gheradi, L.A. Eyeworks
- Grant Krajecki and Natalie Levy, Grey Ant
- Larry Leight, Oliver Peoples
- Patty Perreira, Barton Perreira
- Robert Marc, Robert Marc
- Selima Salaun, Selima Optique
- Shane Baum, Baumvision
The group will focus on two specific areas, runway partnerships or ready to wear collaborations and a CFDA Press Day for Eyewear Designers, slated for 2015.