The new model of its latest lens generator is ideally suited for small and mid-sized laboratories to produce digital and traditional RX lenses
Unlike the Coburn’s previous compact generators, the new model is equally compact, and will work with the Cobalt DP polisher, other qualified soft-tool polishers, and Coburn’s LaunchPad polishing technology, which allows operators to polish free-form lenses on a conventional cylinder machine.
Key features of the new generator include :
- Processes traditional and digital free-form lenses.
- ‘Cold-Mist’ system which provides wet-cut generating comparable results with superior surface finish without the need for a water management system.
- Smaller footprint, requiring only approximately 20 sq/ft of lab space including its external vacuum.
- Direct drive spindle for improved control.
- Coburn’s patented and globally licensed single-point diamond turning lathe technology.
- Precision air bearings and voice coil actuation for increased cutting accuracy.
- Expandable product platform from conventional processing only (CobaltLT) upgradable to free-form (CobaltLTE) for a lower cost solution that grows with the customers’ business.
- Engineered and manufactured in the USA.
Alex Incera – President of Coburn Technologies stated, “We are very excited to announce that we have successfully adapted our popular mist-cut technology from our larger industrial Cobalt system into a platform that ideal for small to medium-sized labs looking to be able to offer digital free-form designs in-house. Now these smaller labs can benefit from the same high quality surface finish while utilizing the same space currently available in their location.”